One of the hardest things to give up when you’re looking to lose weight and starting diet is the desert. We all love our deserts and personally I really miss eating chocolate. I’ve put together a few recipes here of low calorie deserts that you can make when you really need something sweet but don’t want to go overboard and undo a lot of the good work you’ve done. I hope you enjoy them.
Plain Flour – 75g (3 oz)
Eggs – 1
Skimmed milk – 125ml (4fl oz)
Butter – 1tsp
Peaches – 2 small & thinly sliced
Caster sugar – 1 tbsp
Lind rind – few grated pinches
1. Sift flour into a bowl and break open egg into the middle, add half the milk and gently mix all into the flour.
2. Work mixture until smooth then beat in rest of the milk.
3. Grease 4 holes in a baking tin using a little butter
4. Pour mixture equally into each of the 4 holes then add the peach slices. Bake in a pre-heated oven 220C /425F /gas mark 7 for 20-25 minutes or until pop-ups have risen and golden brown.
5. Mix together caster sugar and lemon rind and sprinkle over each pop-up before serving.
This low calorie dessert serves 4 with 120 calories per pop-up.
Banana & Cinnamon slices
Butter – 125g (4 oz)
Brown Sugar – 125 (4 oz)
Eggs – 2
Wholemeal flour – 125g (4 oz)
Bananas – 2 medium mashed
Cinnamon – 2 tsp
1. Mix the butter and brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in the eggs gently with the flour.
2. Add baking powder, bananas and cinnamon. Keep folding until thoroughly mixed.
3. Spread mixture into greased shallow tin and bake in oven 180C / 350F / gas mark 4 for 20-25 minutes until golden.
4. Leave in tin for a few minutes then cut into slices and leave to cool. Dust with caster sugar.
This low calorie dessert has about 137 calories per slice.
Bramley crumb Crunch
Basic Bramley Puree
Cinnamon – 1-2 tsp
Butter – 75g (3 oz)
White breadcrumbs – 75g (3 oz)
Rolled Oats – 25g (1 oz)
Demerara sugar – 50g (2 oz)
Greek style yogurt
1. Mix the puree with 1 tsp of cinnamon
2. Melt butter in a frying pan and add breadcrumbs, oats, sugar and remaining cinnamon.
3. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently until golden brown.
4. Reserve 1 tbsp of the crumb mixture, then layer the apple puree with the breadcrumbs into individual glasses, finishing with apple topped with yogurt and reserved crumbs.
This low calorie desserts serves 4 and has about 127 calories per portion.