Generally speaking a medium sized Apple would contain roughly 80 calories. This calorie count includes the number of calories from the peel (or skin as some would call it) of the Apple. While it can be a touch distinction between small, medium and large apples, an easier approach is to count 16 calories for every ounce of Apple’s you buy. That way, even if you were to buy 10 ounces of Apples (which is roughly about 1 large and 1 small Apple), you would get an average total of 160 calories. Peeling the Apple would reduce the total by about 10 calories for a medium sized fruit.
A little more information on how many calories are in an apple:
- Applesauce: a single cup of Applesauce contains approximately 100 calories
- Small Apple: contains approximately 60 calories
- Large Apple: contains approximately 120 calories
Nutritional value of a small Apple:
- Vitamin A : 900 I.U.
- Vitamin B : Thiamine .07 mg.;
- Vitamin C : 5 mg.
- Vitamin G : Amount uncertain
- Calcium : 6 mg.
- Iron : 3 mg.
- Phosphorus : 10 mg.
- Potassium : 130 mg.
- Carbohydrates : 14.9 gm.