Regardless of what exercise or workout regime you are on, it is well known that without adjusting your diet and maintaining healthy eating, your results will be temporary. The average person, follows very bad eating habits, mostly because they are not aware of some basic rules when it comes to eating. There will be a rule or two you might be following right now, but the effectiveness is staying with the parameters set by all seven. Regardless, Just follow these simple rules, and you simply cannot go wrong.
1. Consume small meals every 2 to 3 hours, for a total of 5 to 8 meals a day. The more meals, the better.
2. Consume lean protein with every meal–eggs, fish, meat or chicken.
3. Consume fruit and veggies with every meal.
4. Only consume carbs from fruit or veggies.
5. Consume at least 25% of your daily calories from fat, including animal fats, natural fats (like coconuts and avocados) and oils (olive, fish and flax).
6. Drink no calorie-containing beverages–stick to just water and green tea if possible.
7. Consume no liquid meals.